Southern Illinois Auto Accident Lawyer
If you’ve ever been involved in a motor vehicle crash, you already know what a head-spinning event it can be. From the frustration of being delayed and not getting where you were going to the pain and misery of medical treatments, soreness, bruising, and so forth, it is a terrible experience. Then comes the medical bills, the insurance adjusters calling. it often seems like our clients can’t catch a break. The good news is for more than a decade, our attorney has been turning those rainy days into paydays for clients all over the state.
WHEN YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPENSATION
Simply put, you have a right to be paid for your injuries and property damages when someone else does it. The U.S. Constitution actually talks about this. The Seventh Amendment says,
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
If you are minding your business and obeying the law and someone else is being an idiot and causes your accident, then yes, you have a legal right to make them pay to fix your car and your neck. If you have tons of medical bills pouring in, all because the other driver was distracted by a cell phone, messing with his radio dials, or was just simply not paying attention, then that individual is liable for paying the reasonable cost of your
- Lost income from work
- Medical expenses for care you already received
- Medical expenses you reasonably anticipate incurring in the near future
- Adaptive devices
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of a normal life
- Property damages beyond just your car (items inside the car)
- Replacement value of your vehicle (fair market at time of crash)
- Diminished value (if your car is fixed but worth less than it was before the crash)
WHY A TRIAL LAWYER?
So, plenty of people run to their local general practice law firm to get help after a car accident. Alternatively, they might call a big law firm from a nearby city in hopes of getting great legal assistance. Sadly, these are usually both not great options. The very best option for most auto accident victims is to find a boutique trial firm. This means a law firm that has actually handled hundreds or even thousands of auto accident claims, both in and out of court. You also want to work with an attorney who knows the region, understands the local court politics, and has argued to juries before – and won! Rest assured, insurance companies know the difference. It’s all about leverage.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CRASH
If you are reading this, it is way too late to tell you what to do at the scene of the accident, so instead, let’s focus on what you need to do NOW:
- Gather your documents. Get your driver’s license, car insurance policy information (number, coverages, etc.), health insurance card, police report (if you have it), any medical bills or records, and any photos you may have.
- Don’t speak to insurance adjusters. Just like we tell criminal suspects not to speak to police, you should not talk to the insurance company. They are not on your side. They just want to get you to settle, sign, and go away.
- Call our office ASAP. We have people actually answering our phones 24/7, 365 days a year, rain or shine, day or night. Just call. It’s entirely free to call us, we aren’t going to rush or push you to do anything you don’t want to do. We are here to answer your questions and give you peace of mind. Once you have the answers and know your rights, we trust you’ll make the right decision on your own.
Since 2011, Jaye R. Lindsay has been helping injured people throughout Illinois, from Chicago to just about all rural reaches of the state. Jaye has taken cases to trial in numerous jurisdictions and has a remarkable record of obtaining justice for clients, even after they’ve had several other attorneys before him. We’re 100% veteran-owned and operated, we offer discounts for first responders, military, veterans & healthcare workers. So, give us a call anytime, and let’s see if we can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries. With offices in O’Fallon and Mt. Vernon, we make it easy to get the help you need.
Contact us today
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
At Crossroad Legal, we offer free consultations for all potential personal injury, nursing home negligence, and criminal defense clients.
Due to an extremely high number of inquiries, we do charge a nominal $50 consultation holding fee for all FOID Card Appeals. If you hire our firm to help you with your FOID Card Appeal, you will receive a full credit for this holding fee on your first statement.